Job TitleAesthetics Technology Instructor
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Hohenwald is accepting applications for a full-time Aesthetics Technology Instructor.
A PDF of this announcement can be obtained here:
A PDF of the application can be obtained here:
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until position is filled. For consideration, qualified applicants that are interested should submit a detailed resume, post-secondary certificate/diploma in Aesthetics Technology, license/certificates, college transcripts and application including qualifications and salary requirements. Employment applications are available at the TCAT Hohenwald campus and on our website at www.tcathohenwald.edu.
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Hohenwald
Attention: Human Resources
813 West Main Street
Hohenwald, TN 38462
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Hohenwald, a Tennessee Board of Regents institution, is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities.
- A high school diploma or GED required; Associate Degree preferred.
- Vocational or Technical School certification training or apprenticeship in Aesthetics required.
- Active Tennessee License as Aesthetics Instructor required.
- Three (3) years of successful recent employment experience in the specialty area to be taught.
- Must possess a complete and thorough knowledge of procedures and methods related to teaching.
- Willingness to remain current in the technological changes of the industry.
- Shall possess skills and knowledge in all areas of aesthetics.
- Possess good character, mature attitude, stable personality, and exhibit evidence of potential ability to instruct.
- Requires initiative and cooperation; i.e., to plan and organize work without close supervision; show initiative and perseverance in satisfying student and community needs; ability and possess a desire to interact with other faculty, staff and students.
- Possess good organizational, mathematical, language, writing and communication skills.
- Develop course of study and conduct training program in specialty area.
- Confer with administration to gain knowledge and better understand changes in policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Formulate teaching outline and determine instructional methods utilizing knowledge of specific training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individualized and group instruction, lecture, demonstration, and conference.
- Test trainees to measure progress and evaluate effectiveness of instruction.
- Select or develop specifications for machines, equipment, and tools; maintain good physical conditions in classroom and/or shop.
- Maintain student records and reports.
- Responsible for student placement and assist with student follow-up.
- Cooperate with outside agencies; work with program advisory committees; conduct visits to business and industry; establish and maintain good public relations with the schools general public.
- Participate in recruitment of students.
- Instruct students in safety and practice good safety habits.