Job TitleCosmetology Instructor
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Hohenwald is accepting applications for a full-time Cosmetology Instructor to teach in the main campus Cosmetology program.
A PDF of this announcement can be obtained here:
A PDF of the application can be obtained here:
APPLICATIONS PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter, resume, certificate/diploma/license and TCAT-H application to: Tennessee College Hohenwald, Attn: Human Resources, 813 West Main Street, Hohenwald, TN 38462. Employment application is available online at www.tcathohenwald.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until position is filled. Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
TCAT-H is an EOE/AA/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents Institution Accredited with the Council on Occupational Education
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Hohenwald does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran, or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Randy Young, Vice President, TCAT-Hohenwald, 813 West Main, Hohenwald, TN 38462, phone 931-796-5351 X128, email email@example.com or via this webpage: www.tcathohenwald.edu.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Graduate of an accredited Cosmetology program.
- Current, valid Cosmetologist License issued by the TN State Board of Cosmetology.
- Current, valid Cosmetology Instructor’s License issued by the TN State Board of Cosmetology.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a licensed Cosmetologist.
- Teaching and/or training experience.
- Demonstrated effective communication and organization skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with students, the public, and other employees.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Computer skills including general knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Earned Associates Degree from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge of Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) policies and procedures.
- Must have ability to interact with high school and post-secondary students.
- Skill in managing deadlines and working in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience managing in a salon environment.
- Provide instruction to students in all areas of the Cosmetology program.
- Monitor, grade, and evaluate individual students’ progress.
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
- Maintain good public relations with business and industry.