Job TitleEMT/A-EMT INSTRUCTOR
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Hohenwald is accepting applications for the position of EMT/A-EMT Instructor. The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Hohenwald is a post-secondary technical college accredited by the Council on Occupational Education.
A PDF of this job posting can be downloaded here:
An application can be found here:
For consideration, qualified applicants that are interested should submit a detailed resume, post-secondary certificate/diploma, license verification, college transcripts and application including qualifications and salary requirements to: TCAT Hohenwald, Attention: Human Resources, 813 West Main Street, Hohenwald, TN 38462. Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until the position is filled. Employment applications are available at the TCAT Hohenwald campus and on our website at the link above.
TCAT-H is an EOE/AA/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents Institution Accredited with the Council on Occupational Education
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Hohenwald does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran, or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Randy Young, Vice President, TCAT-Hohenwald, 813 West Main, Hohenwald, TN 38462, phone 931-796-5351 X128, email email@example.com or via this webpage: www.tcathohenwald.edu.
- Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution and completion of an EMS Board approved Instructor’s course.
- Currently licensed as a Tennessee EMT-Paramedic, registered nurse, or physician, free from history of revocation, denial or suspension.
- Licensed emergency care experience shall include a minimum of 2 (two) years practice, preferably within the last five (5) years.
- Administrative experience shall include a minimum of two (2) years in EMS educational administration or greater than three hundred (300) hours of EMS instruction.
- Meet all requirements of the Tennessee Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Board, and be knowledgeable of all current rules and regulations.
- Evidence in instructional program management and supervision, teaching and curriculum building is desired.
- Evidence of proficiency in oral and written communication skills, as well as good organizational and planning skills.
- Must be willing to remain current in the industry.
- Willingness to attend annual training/conferences as required by the Division of Emergency Medical Services.
- Must possess and maintain current CPR certification and/or instructor endorsement.
Curriculum preparation and updates, daily lesson planning, theory, clinical and practical instruction in all phases of the EMT/A-EMT program. Other duties include coordinating curriculum updates, student record keeping, industry and student recruitment, placement and follow-up of program graduates and program budgeting.
In addition, the ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, team player who is willing to go above and beyond the call of duty and whose career objectives include being a member of a dynamic and growing institution that has a vision to expand services and increase offerings to the citizens, businesses and industries within service area. Skills will also include assistance with the development of an active Advisory Board Committee comprised of professionals in the healthcare professions; and the ability to deal tactfully with students, the public and with co-workers.