Job TitlePart-Time Maintenance Worker/Custodian
The Tennessee Technology Center at Hohenwald is accepting applications for the position of Part-Time Maintenance Worker/Custodian.
A PDF of this position announcement can be obtained here:
For consideration, qualified applicants that are interested should submit a resume and TCAT Hohenwald application to: TCAT Hohenwald, Attention: Human Resources, 813 West Main Street, Hohenwald, TN 38462. Employment applications are available at the TCAT Hohenwald campus and on our website at www.tcathohenwald.edu. Applications and resume will be accepted until the position is filled.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Hohenwald does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Randy Young, 813 West Main, Hohenwald, TN 38462, phone no. 931-796-5351 x128, Email: email@example.com.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED with 2 years related experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and procedures to maintain a neat, professional facility appearance, both inside facility and outside on campus grounds.
- Must know how to use chemicals safely and be able to maintain a safe working environment.
- Must be able to climb ladders, stairs, bend, stoop, twist, and knee lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to do repetitive movements and tasks.
- Knowledge of the material and equipment used in custodial field.
- Must be professional in appearance and methods
- Ability to follow simple written and oral instructions
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be effective
- Ability to establish and maintain an positive working relationship with other employees
Employee performs work in CLEANING and maintaining assigned areas and performing related work as required.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Sweeps, mops, and buffs corridors and floors; vacuum and clean carpet and rugs.
- Washes windows, polishes furniture, and cleans woodwork.
- Collects and disposes of trash from classrooms, offices, parking lots, and lawn.
- CLEANS bathrooms, breakroom, offices, classrooms and other areas on a routine schedule.
- General maintenance of buildings and campus grounds, including painting, mowing, pruning shrubbery.
- General repair and maintenance of facility as needed.
- Performs other work as assigned.