Job TitlePRACTICAL NURSING EVENING INSTRUCTOR
Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Hohenwald is accepting applications for a PRACTICAL NURSING INSTRUCTOR for our evening class.
A PDF of this announcement can be downloaded here:
- Candidate must possess an Associate Degree in nursing (B.S. preferred)
- Must hold a current Registered Nursing license in the State of Tennessee.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years recent nursing experience or three (3) years of experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Formal teaching experience preferred.
- Ability to teach all portions of the LPN program.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of effective teaching, supervision, and student management.
- Willingness to remain current in the technological changes of the industry.
- Possess good organizational, mathematical, language, writing and communication skills.
- Possess good character, mature attitude, stable personality, and exhibit evidence of potential ability to instruct.
- Requires initiative and cooperation; i.e., to plan and organize work without close supervision; show initiative and
- perseverance in satisfying student and community needs; ability and possess a desire to interact with other faculty, staff and students.
- Develop course of study and conduct training program in specialty area.
- Confer with administration to gain knowledge and better understand changes in policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Test trainees to measure progress and evaluate effectiveness of instruction.
- Communicate and demonstrate expertise and knowledge of the principles and practices of a LPN.
- Expertise in the clinical skills required of a LPN.
- Evaluation of students, maintaining student records, and assisting with recruitment and job placement.
- Instruct students in safety and practice good safety habits.
- Cooperate with outside agencies; work with program advisory committees; conduct visits to business and industry; establish and maintain good public relations with the schools general public.
- Select or develop specifications for machines, equipment, and tools; maintain good physical conditions in classroom and/or shop.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications.