Job TitlePRACTICAL NURSING INSTRUCTOR
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Hohenwald is accepting applications for the position of Practical Nursing Instructor. The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Hohenwald is a post-secondary technical college accredited by the Council on Occupational Education.
A PDF of this job posting can be downloaded here:
For consideration, qualified applicants that are interested should submit a detailed resume, college transcripts and TCAT Hohenwald application including qualifications and salary requirements before the close of business Friday, September 20, 2019. Employment applications are available at the TCAT Hohenwald campus and on our website at www.tcathohenwald.edu. Submit applications to TCAT Hohenwald, Attention: Human Resources, 813 West Main Street, Hohenwald, TN 38462.
TCAT-H is an EOE/AA/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents Institution
Accredited with the Council on Occupational Education
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Hohenwald does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Randy Young, 813 West Main, Hohenwald, TN 38462, phone no. 931-796-5351 x122, Email: email@example.com.
- Candidate must possess an Associate Degree in Nursing and hold a current Registered Nursing license in the State of Tennessee. Teaching experience preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical experience as an RN or Allied Health instructor within the last five (5) years.
- Evidence in instructional program management and supervision, teaching and curriculum building is desired.
- Evidence of proficiency in oral and written communication skills.
- Must have good organizational and planning skills.
- Must be willing to remain current in the nursing profession.Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationship with students, faculty, staff and general public.
Curriculum preparation and updates, daily lesson planning, theory, clinical and practical instruction in all phases of Practical Nursing. Other duties include coordinating curriculum updates, student record keeping, industry and student recruitment, placement and follow- up of program graduates and program budgeting.
In addition, the ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, team player who is willing to go above and beyond the call of duty and whose career objectives include being a member of a dynamic and growing institution that has a vision to expand services and increase offerings to the citizens, businesses and industries within service area. Skills will also include assistance with the development of an active Advisory Board Committee comprised of professionals in the healthcare and nursing professions; and the ability to deal tactfully with students, the public and with co-workers.