Job TitleWelding Technology Instructor
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Hohenwald is accepting applications for the position of Welding Technology Instructor.
A PDF of this announcement can be downloaded here:
APPLICATIONS PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter, resume and TCAT-H application to: Tennessee College Hohenwald, Attn: Human Resources, 813 West Main Street, Hohenwald, TN 38462. Employment application is available online at www.tcathohenwald.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until position is filled.
TCAT-H is an EOE/AA/ADA Employer
A Tennessee Board of Regents Institution
Accredited with the Council on Occupational Education
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Hohenwald does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Andrea Cooper, 813 West Main, Hohenwald, TN 38462, phone no. 931-796-5351 x122, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must have excellent welding skills and knowledge. High School Diploma; Technical training preferred; Additional post-secondary education a plus.
- Must possess skills and knowledge to teach theory and application in all phases of the Welding program including but not limited to: Oxyacetylene Cutting, Plasma Cutting, Oxyacetylene Welding, Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Pipefitting, Blueprint Reading, Gas Metal Arc Welding, and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ related work experience. Welding certifications are a plus.
- Must possess the organizational and communication skills necessary to be an effective instructor.
- Must have the ability to interact with high school and adult students.
- Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude and stable personality.
- Must possess computer skills.
- Must have ability to complete reports/paperwork and meet deadlines.
- Provide instruction to students in all areas of the Welding Technology curriculum.
- Monitor, grade and evaluate individual students’ progress.
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
- Assist in recruitment and placement of students.
- Maintain good public relations with business and industry.