How to Apply
- Pick a program of study
- Complete the TCAT Application for Enrollment
- Some programs of study require additional application documents. Download, complete and submit any required documents listed under the programs of study below
- Contact your physician and obtain your proof of vaccination letter
- Applicants born on or after Jan. 1, 1957, must submit proof of MMR (mumps, measles, rubella) vaccination
- Applicants born on or after Jan. 1, 1980, must submit proof of varicella (chicken pox) vaccination
Submit your application, program-specific application materials (if required), and vaccination letter to the Student Services Office at the address listed below
- Request official transcripts of education from high school, high-school equivalency or other colleges and universities
High school transcripts are available from your high school's counseling office
College and University transcripts are available at the insitutiton's records office
Official GED and HiSET requests can be obtained at https://www.diplomasender.com for the following states: Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, West Virginia and Wyoming
If you have foreign transcripts you will need to provide an English translated version of your transcript and have your education evaluated through the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). The website for NACES can be found at: www.naces.org. We will need the English translated version of your transcripts to complete admissions requirements
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online, if applying for financial aid (this is required for TN Promise scholarship and the Wilder Naifeh grant)
Student Services Office
813 West Main St.
Hohenwald, TN 38462
General Admission Requirements
- Program enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis by date of completed application. (A completed application includes all items required for enrollment.)
- Persons seeking admission to a college must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent. For full-time programs, the applicant must declare an occupational objective and demonstrate reasonable potential for achieving that objective.
- All persons who are required to register for the Federal Draft under 50 U.S.C. App. Section 453 are not eligible to enroll in any post-secondary school until they have registered with selective service.
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
Educational and admission requirements vary from program to program.
Surgical Technology is a three trimester, 1296 hour course, divided between classroom and clinical experience that includes 125 cases. Applications are only available at the Mandatory Information Session which is held once a year in September. You MUST be at this session to apply. To receive an information / reminder letter on the next session you can submit a request form. High school diploma or the equivalent and a passing score on the entrance exam are required for admission to the Surgical Technology program. For more information about the session email Sally Mercer, Surgical Technology Program Director or call at 931-796-5351 ext. 145.
Effective July 1, 2011 all students enrolled in Practical Nursing, Surgical Technology, or CNA programs must provide proof of immunity to Hepatitis B before having patient contact. The Hepatitis B vaccine is administered in 3 doses over a period of 6 months. This requirement is in addition to all other immunization requirements for enrollment to TCAT-H. Vaccination requirements are to be provided when application is submitted.
The Mandatory Information Session for the 2018 Surgical Technology Class will be held on September 8, 2017 at 9:00-11:00am. If you are interested in the program you MUST be present to obtain the necessary forms. You will also need to be prepared to pay $40.00 for the HESI Exam which you will register for at the session.
Applications are only available at the Mandatory Information Session. The Mandatory Information/Application Sessions will be held twice a year; first session is for the classes starting in May and a second session will be held for classes starting in September. You MUST attend this session to apply. To receive an information / reminder letter on the next session you can submit a request form. For more information about the sessions email Sally Mercer, or call her at 931-796-5351 ext. 145.
High school diploma or the equivalent and a minimum of a passing score on the entrance exam are required for admission to the nursing program. Applicants are admitted by rank of score on the entrance exam with submission of completed application packet and process. If accepted into the program, a physical exam must be performed by a licensed physician prior to the first day of class and a completed form returned to TCAT Hohenwald. Medical clearance is required for any previous condition(s) which warrant clearance.
Effective July 1, 2011 all students enrolled in Practical Nursing, Surgical Technology, or CNA programs must provide proof of immunity to Hepatitis B BEFORE having patient contact. The Hepatitis B vaccine is administered in 3 doses over a period of 6 months. This requirement is in addition to all other immunization requirements for enrollment to TCAT-H. Vaccination requirements are to be provided when application is submitted.
Currently, the State of Tennessee requires practical nurses to complete 1296 hours of training and meet above stated admissions requirements. The State of Tennessee, with the State Board of Nursing, reserves the right to enact legislative changes at any time, without notice. Change in course content, hours required, or admission requirements could be effected and would be applicable to current students and applicants to the program.
Prerequisites for the instructor trainee certificate include a high school diploma and a current Cosmetology license.
Administrative Office Technology
If you wish to take this program online, you may enroll through the Tennessee E-Campus Website.